12/07/2015

Personal Training With AG Fitness


It's been a few weeks since I wrote about my on-going fitness journey so it's time to check in and what better way to do this than give you a sneak peak into a PT session with Andy from AG Fitness Training in Glasgow.

I met Andy at the Eden Fit Health Studio in Glasgow City Centre, after going through the usual health questionnaire we got started with a short warm up on the cross trainer. I haven't actually used a cross trainer in such a long time, mainly because I'm a little uncoordinated and seem to have serious issues with identifying my left from my right!
Suitably warmed up we moved on to squats. As a Body Pump regular I'm more than familiar with this exercise but this was the first time that I've had someone really guide me through it and make sure that I'm doing it correctly and in a way that benefits my work out. I think this can often be the problem attending packed classes like Body Combat or MetaFit, the classes are large and have to run on time so the instructors just don't have the time to correct everyone on their technique. You might not necessarily being doing yourself damage but at the same time you also might not be getting the most out of your workout. These tips that Andy gave me I'll definitely be using in my future work outs.
After a few rounds of squats Andy added in a Kettle Bell to make the exercise more challenging. As my initial squat technique had been corrected I was able to work harder in this round and really put the extra effort in as the movements now felt more natural. I was really beginning to get the hang of this!

Sticking with the Kettle Bells, only this time doubling up with 2! We moved over to a platform type step, I stepped up and down in blocks of 10. Luckily Andy was on hand to keep me right with technique and count the number of steps, whilst also providing encouragement throughout.

After a short break we moved on to the final set of exercises which was more cardio focused. I'm not really sure what this piece of equipment was called however I've seen it on TV and I think they use it in rugby training sessions. I started off pushing it from one end of the gym to the other with no weights on just to get used to it. After a couple of tries Andy added a couple of weights. Pushing it up an down the gym I have to say that this was by far my favourite part of the work out. It was cardio but didn't really feel like cardio and weirdly it felt like a release of energy that would be great after a tough day at the office! I wish ALL gyms had this! I
After all of this we finished off with some stretches and a quick chat to discuss how the session went. I have to say that what struck me most from the moment I met Andy was his clear love, passion and enthusiasm for all things fitness. This was evident throughout the session and honestly that kind of attitude is really infectious and inspiring, plus it's only good energy and positivity here at Electric Style! I've not had many PT sessions prior to this but I can really see how this type of attitude can take a good trainer to a great trainer and a great trainer that gets results with their clients.
This was my first session with Andy but I can say it will not be my last! I'll be getting myself booked in again soon to continue my Get Fit in 2015 journey. The great news is that readers of Electric Style can receive a 15% discount off their first booking. This could be off a single session or a block booking, how amazing is that?? Just quote "marie15" when booking. I promise you that you won't regret it!

For more information or to make a booking check out www.agfitnesstraining.co.uk




twitter instagram email me

2 comments:

TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS